Workers on the processing of fish and seafood in Canada
Wanted workers for processing fish and seafood in Canada, in the provinces of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Quebec, Newfoundland and Labrador.
(LMIA) in process In those provinces where possible, New Brunswick and Newfoundland & Labrador, the candidate will be assisted in extending a work visa through a new LMO (LMIA) and applying for permanent residence.
Examples of requirements, conditions and salaries in the field of seafood:
- Employment conditions: seasonal, full-time
- Education: minimum-secondary school
- Required work experience: not necessarily, but an advantage for those who had similar work experience. However, on-the-job training is available.
- Knowledge of language: minimal knowledge. Work language: English / French
- Wages: minimum $ 14-15 average $ 17-19 maximum $ 22-26 From $ 550 – $ 1200 dollars per week depending on the norm
- Number of working hours: 40-60 hours per week. If you wish, you can work overtime. The ability to work in flexible shifts – in the early morning and on weekends.
- The main responsibilities will include the installation and operation of machines for cleaning, cutting, processing and packing fish products in accordance with the SOP; checking products and packaging for defects and ensuring compliance with company standards and making corrective adjustments as necessary; cutting, cleaning and trimming of fish before selling or further processing; scraping scales; cutting and separating the fillet and removing pieces of scrap and bones with knives and pliers; checking fish fillets to determine the optimal number and size of fillet slices; cutting sections in accordance with the specifications and placement in the container for weighing. This position requires long-term work with the use of hand tools.